In order to identify Calvary Chapel Poulsbo as Biblical in theology and evangelical in spirit we set forth this general statement of fundamental beliefs:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative and the inerrant Word of God ( 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21)
2. We believe We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:34-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return to the earth in power and glory ( Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-13, Revelation 19:14-16)
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of the human nature, and that all are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19; Roans 3:23, Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
5. We believe We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life , and those who are not unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
6. We believe We believe in the spiritual unity of the believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18)
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18)
8. We believe that we as Christians are examples of the love of God in this world. It is this (agape) love that we desire to possess and without which we have no right to call ourselves Christians. (1 John 4:16-17)
DISTINCTIVES:1. We hold to the inerrancy of Scripture.
2. We hold to the continuance today of the diversities of spiritual gifts as found in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11. While we do believe in using these gifts, we also believe that everything should be done decently and in order. To that end, we set aside specific times and services that allow for the exercise of these spiritual gifts.
3. We hold to simplicity in church government, rather than a complex bureaucracy.
4. We hold to a dependence upon the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than fleshly promotion.
5. We hold to the pre-millennial, pre-tribulation return of Christ for His waiting church.
6. We hold to the teaching of the Word of God in such a way that it can be applied to life as beneficial to ongoing maturity.